Brenda Roche is Director of Research at the Wellesley Institute. She was a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in Anthropology and Health at the Gender, Violence and Health Centre at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. She has an academic and community-based research experience exploring social and health issues in urban settings, including homelessness, sexual health, violence and psychological trauma and distress. Her doctorate, through the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, examined discourses on trauma that operate within the context of refugee resettlement, and how these influence health and social care practices for women (and their families) seeking political asylum in the United Kingdom.
Recently Published by Brenda
- Leaving No One Behind in Long-Term Care: Enhancing Socio-Demographic Data Collection in Long-Term Care Settings
- Women Living with Long-Term Disabilities in Ontario
- Toronto Community Based Research Network Survey
- New evidence confirms austerity is bad for our health
- IWD Reflections On Violence Against Women