Position title: Researcher
Type: Full-time, Limited-term contract (6-month position)
Wellesley Institute works in research and policy to improve health and health equity in the GTA through action on the social determinants of health.
Wellesley Institute is working with partners to address issues of racism and discrimination and promote the interests of equity in policy, service and systems planning and delivery towards improved health outcomes. To support this work, we are seeking a full-time researcher to work with our team to identify frameworks, tools and training resources to inform plans for data collection and analysis, community engagement, and anti-racism training at organizational levels.
This position will report to senior staff at Wellesley Institute.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Degree at the Master’s level or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of health equity and issues related to anti-black racism
- Demonstrated research skills relevant to the use of multiple methods, including literature reviews, environmental scans, qualitative data collection, the use/integration of available quantitative data.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated skills in report-writing
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to work on a collaborative team with others
- Experience working on projects or initiatives that aim to decrease anti-black racism would be an asset
Wellesley is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the GTA’s diverse population. We have a generous benefits package and salaries in line with university pay-scales.
If you are a researcher who wants to make a difference in urban communities and health equity, apply to join our team.
How to Apply
Applications can be sent in a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org with Addressing Anti-Black Racism Project in the subject line. This posting closes December 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
We appreciate all those who took the time to apply, however only those invited to an interview will be contacted. All questions about the posting can be directed to the email above. No phone calls please.