Position title: Administrative Assistant, Research
Type: Part-time (3 days a week), Permanent
Immediate supervisor: Manager Operations
Wellesley Institute works in research and policy to improve health and health equity in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) through action on the social determinants of health.
Wellesley Institute is working with partners to address issues of racism and discrimination and promote the interests of equity in policy, service and systems planning and delivery towards improved health outcomes. To support this work, we are seeking a part-time, Administrative Assistant to support a variety of administrative tasks to support the research activities of the organization. Project management duties will include tracking and reporting on project timelines and deliverables; setting up and maintaining project document organizational systems; setting up and assisting with meetings; liaising with and coordinating the project team, and other project management activities.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
Successful applicants will:
- Have relevant training/work experience (at a Community College, Bachelor’s level, or equivalent work experience)
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize amongst multiple tasks.
- Strong computer skills with experience in MS Windows, Excel, Word, databases, and web-based computer applications, to process and maintain accurate information and data records
- Experience with project planning or project management tools (such as GANTT charts, critical path to completion etc.).
- Have the ability to help set up, prepare for, and facilitate meetings and discussions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, assisting others when necessary
We are located in downtown Toronto. This is an on-site position. We are currently working a hybrid of onsite/remote but may return to on site only.
Wellesley has a COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy in place and only those that are willing to meet these criteria should apply for this position. The Wellesley will comply with the Ontario Human Rights Code requirements regarding exemption requests.
Wellesley is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the GTA’s diverse population.
$33,000 – $39,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
Applications can be sent in a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org with Administrative Assistant, Research position in the subject line. This posting closes June 3, 2022.
We appreciate all those who took the time to apply, however only those invited to an interview will be contacted. All questions about the posting can be directed to the email above.