Position: Housing Researcher
Type: Contract (temporary full-time)
Wellesley Institute has initiated work on a Toronto Supportive Housing Growth Plan, in collaboration with Canadian Mental Health Association Toronto Branch and the Toronto Alliance to end Homelessness. The focus is housing and supports for people with mental health issues or addictions or who are experiencing chronic or episodic homelessness. One component of this work is a needs assessment.
The researcher selected will carry out the needs assessment, reporting to senior staff at Wellesley Institute. The researcher will participate in a project team for the broader Supportive Housing Growth Plan, and will incorporate input from the team and others in the needs assessment.
The needs assessment will draw together available information, primarily from existing reports, available data, key informant interviews, and potentially focus groups. Several sub-populations are involved. The researcher will write a report synthesizing information for a broader supportive housing and policy-making readership.
This is a 6- to 7-month contract in spring to fall 2020; Wellesley Institute is prepared to negotiate timing and related matters with a preferred candidate.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
· Degree at the master’s level or equivalent
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant research
· Strong working knowledge of supportive housing and related issues and stakeholders
· Demonstrated research skills relevant to a multimethod needs assessment, including literature reviews, key informant interviews, integrating quantitative information, analytical ability, report-writing, and planning and carrying out a project
· Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to work on a collaborative team with others.
Wellesley is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the GTA’s diverse population. We have a generous benefits package and salaries in line with university pay-scales.
If you are a researcher who wants to make a difference in housing and health equity, apply to join our team.
How to Apply:
Send your résumé and cover letter in a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Wellesley Institute SHGP researcher in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until May 15, 2020 at 11:59pm.
We thank everyone for taking the time to apply, however we will only be contacting those we wish to interview.