Here are a few places providing more information about and examples of equity-focused health impact assessment:
- The Canadian National Collaborating Centre on Healthy Public Policy has a paper on HIA and inequities.
- A 2004 issue of the New South Wales Health Impact Assessment Project E-News is all about equity-focused HIA.
- The HIA connect website has compiled a list of completed HEIAs.
There are several websites with lots of resources and information on HEIA and HIA in general, including training opportunities, news, case studies, and tools:
- HIA Gateway of the UK Association of Public Health Observatories collects information on HIA and other types of impact assessments, and links to networks and training on HIA.
- UCLA Health Impact Assessment Clearinghouse includes an index of completed HIAs and outlines the ways that different sectors like agriculture, education, economic policies, and transportation impact upon health.
- HIA Connect is part of the New South Wales HIA Project and provides various resources including HIA practice standards and case studies, information about healthy public policy, and reports from leading jurisdictions.
- The World Health Organization webpage on HIA gives information on HIA, its tools and methods, and how it works in policy making in several sectors.
- The Health Impact Project in the U.S. aims to encourage HIA in policy making through a series of demonstration HIAs and a national centre providing coordination and infrastructure for HIA.
- The Health Impact Assessment Blog is an excellent resource that encourages the sharing of information relating to HIA.