We’re not the only ones talking about health and health promotion. A number of other organizations have also put together tools and resources to address key election issues in this area and we are compiling them here for your convenience.
You may also wish to look at the Wellesley Institute’s 2011 Election Guides, a series of tools that highlight the social and economic factors – including housing, work, and access to health services – that impact the health and well-being of all Ontarians and the role the provincial government plays in decisions that affect our health. Please send links to other online resources to email@example.com
- Election Resource: A list of five asks for mental health.
- Election Resource: Healthy Candidates Campaign that encourages voters to challenge their local candidates to invest more in promoting and supporting better health in Ontario. Policy recommendations include making schools a focus for health promotion, enabling healthy communities, and supporting community food centres to create an equitable food system.
- Election Resource: Petition calling for expanded access to community health centres and Aboriginal health centres.
- Election Resource: An election website devoted to food and farming issues with a large number of election resources and an online call to make a pledge to tell candidates you’re voting for food and farming.
- Election Resource: fact sheets and questions for candidates in English, Spanish and Vietnamese. Video of Vote For Housing debate.
- Election Resource: Will be posting responses from the Liberal and New Democratic Parties to housing and tenant questions. The Conservative Party has not yet responded.
- Election Resource: As part of a campaign to support an Ontario housing benefit for low-income households each group has resources about their proposal for an Ontario Housing Benefit (click the links above). Pledge your support for the proposed Ontario housing benefit here.
- Election Resource: An on-line election toolkit on affordable housing with extensive resources, practical tips and election guides.
- Election Resource: Election website with extensive resources, practical tips and election guides.
- Election Resource: Video and print resources and lawn signs to support its ‘faith to end poverty’ campaign.
- Election Resource: A package of materials including brochures and signs to put poverty on the election agenda.
- Election Resource: Election briefing that challenges candidates to commit to improving labour laws and increasing the minimum wage to 10 percent higher than the poverty line.