Health care reform is discussed at all levels of government in Canada and by provider and community groups. There is widespread recognition that significant reform in the delivery, funding and organization of health care is inevitable, and major reform initiatives are underway across the country, including in Ontario.The Wellesley Institute is interested in equity considerations becoming a part of these reforms as a means to address the systemic barriers that produce health disparities. We analyze the equity implications and potential of a number of critical reform issues.
Health Care Reform
Recent blog posts
- Erosion of Affordable Rental Housing in Toronto: Findings from the 2021 Census
- The delayed response to long COVID: Prioritizing equity
- Election 2022: Thriving cities
Recent research publications
- Toronto Housing Action Plan: Who Will It Be For?
- Factors that Impact How Black Youth Access the Mental Healthcare System in Ontario
- “Fighting to Keep Your Home in a Community”: Understanding Evictions through Service Provider and Community Leader Perspectives in North York Communities