Immigrants represent 21.9 % of Canada’s total population. Despite this, newcomers face many challenges including language barriers, lack of employment opportunities, prejudice and barriers to accessing health care. At Wellesley Institute, we focus on research and policy to remove some of these barriers.
Recent blog posts
- A new normal for health coverage
- Where is the refuge for refugee claimants in Toronto?
- The World in a Region: Ensuring Health Equity and Success in the GTA
Recent research publications
- Research and knowledge mobilization in the GTA’s immigrant and refugee-serving sector: A needs assessment
- Do Syrian refugees perceive improved physical and mental health a year after resettling in Canada?
- Primary care utilization trajectories for immigrants and refugees in Ontario