The Wellesley Institute is looking for parents to participate in a focus group to help determine what makes families healthy in the Greater Toronto Area.
To participate, you must:
- Live in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
- Live in a household with a partner and two children
- Be between the ages of 25-49. Your partner must also be between the ages of 25-49.
- Have one child between the ages of 2.5-5, and the other between 6-12
- Have no significant disabilities or chronic health conditions (i.e. a condition that requires regular supports, services or accommodations to participate in everyday activities)
- Be proficient in English
As a participant, you will be asked to discuss and provide feedback on a framework about what is needed for a family to live a healthy life in the GTA. The focus group will include up to 12 people and take two hours of your time.
For your participation, you will receive $50. You will be reimbursed for travel costs and child care costs, if needed.
Focus groups will be held in the GTA. Specific dates and location to be determined.
If you are interested in participating or would like more information about this project, please contact Stephanie Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-972-1010 ext. 232.
This project has been reviewed and approved by the Ryerson Research Ethics Board (REB 2019-374) and is funded by the Wellesley Institute. Project team members include Stephanie Elliott, Dr. Brenda Roche and Dr. Seong-gee Um of the Wellesley Institute.