Career Opportunities at Wellesley Institute:
One-year contract, full time
Wellesley Institute aims to improve health and health equity in the Toronto area. We are an independent research and policy institute focused on the social determinants of health, including housing.
The position will focus on housing, especially disrepair and poor quality in some rental housing, and related policy and program responses.
The researcher will report to the Senior Researcher who leads the Wellesley Institute’s affordable housing work, and/or the Director of Research.
The researcher will coordinate a Wellesley ‘solutions lab’ process on best practice interventions for healthy housing quality. This will involve collaborating with the Senior Researcher, various stakeholders, and external consultants carrying out parts of the work. It will involve background research, managing a multi-partner policy process, and preparing reports and materials to support this process and report its results.
The researcher may have opportunities to contribute to other Wellesley research and policy work.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Degree at the master’s level or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in policy research or related roles
- Familiarity with Toronto-area housing issues and the related policy environment
- Understanding of policy/program development, stakeholder relations, and related matters
- Demonstrated research skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with stakeholders in the community and in government
- Demonstrated ability to co-ordinate a project with several phases and collaborating partners
Wellesley is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the GTA’s diverse population.
We have a generous benefits package and salaries in line with university pay-scales.
If you are a researcher who wants to make a difference in housing and health equity, apply to join our team.
How to Apply
Send your résumé and cover letter in a PDF to email@example.com, with Wellesley Institute Researcher in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. Friday March 15, 2019.
We thank everyone for taking the time to apply, however we will only be contacting those we wish to interview.