The Wellesley Institute is looking for interview participants from Black, South Asian, and Southeast Asian communities to hear about their experiences of the COVID-19 pandemic.
To participate, you must:
- Live in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
- Be between the ages of 18-64
- Self-identify as Black, South Asian, or Southeast Asian
- Speak Punjabi, Tamil, Tagalog, or English
The interview (over the phone or Zoom video call) will be up to 60 minutes and you will receive a $35 gift card for your participation. You will have the option of a President’s Choice, Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart, Winners or Amazon gift card.
Interested in participating?
If you would like more information about this project, please contact one of the following people:
- For English: Sarah Sanford, firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-829-7394
- For Punjabi: Kirandeep Kharpal, email@example.com or 613-899-0116
- For Tamil: Lucksini Raveendran, firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-382-6338
- For Tagalog: Mauriene Tolentino, email@example.com or 416-938-2921
ਅਸੀਂ ਤੁਹਾਡੇ ਤੋਂ ਜਾਣਨਾ ਚਾਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਾਂ (Punjabi)
Usap tayo! (Tagalog)
நாங்கள் உங்களிடமிருந்து கேட்க விரும்புகிறோம் (Tamil)
We want to hear from you!
This project has been reviewed and approved by the Ryerson Research Ethics Board (REB 2020-533) and is funded by Mental Health Commission of Canada. Project team members include Dr. Brenda Roche, Nina Acco Weston, Dr. Seong-gee Um, Dr. Sarah Sanford of the Wellesley Institute and Mauriene Tolentino, Lucksini Raveendran, and Kirandeep Kharpal of Mental Health Commission of Canada. If you have questions about your rights as a participant in this study, please contact: Research Ethics Board c/o Office of the Vice President, Research and Innovation, Ryerson University, 350 Victoria Street, Toronto, ON M5B2K3, 416-979-5042, firstname.lastname@example.org