Campaign 2000, the group working to end child poverty, released a comprehensive poverty reduction plan for Ontario at Queen’s Park today.
The plan has four key elements:
- indicators for measuring poverty
- measurable targets and timelines
- a co-ordinated plan of action across all ministries and departments
- monitoring and evaluation to ensure accountability.
It focuses of some critical sectors including:
- good jobs at living wages
- strong safety net of income support programs
- access to early learning and child care
- affordable housing
- accessible education and training.